Portfolio Manager Role
- Property management of affordable housing portfolios via managing agents and directly.
- Transitional property management before on-boarding to heylo housing and managing agents.
- Supporting the acquisition and sales process (working with internal and external provider teams) of new build and second-hand properties and property portfolios.
- Property management administrative support to the Portfolio Managing Director and senior team members.
- The effective and efficient on-boarding of affordable home ownership and other housing tenures (for both new build and second-hand property) into the heylo housing portfolios, including regulated, Register Provider portfolios.
- Assisting with the performance management of managing agent partners, including those supplying service charge services.
- Providing direct customer and property management during the transfer of portfolios from one landlord to another.
- Advising and supporting customers, agents and other team members with portfolio sales transactions and lettings activity and maintaining data and reports on these activities to the business.
- Working with Local Authority and other affordable housing partners on the identification, acquisition and sales of property portfolios and the arrangement of post-sale property management.
- Analysis of property management reports and data; constructing and recommending responses to that information.
- Recording, reporting and using operational data in our portfolio database (CML).
- Ensuring the rights and responsibilities of the affordable housing customer, related stakeholders and objectives afforded by property leases and tenancies are protected by managing agents.
- Helping the Portfolio Team to devise and implement appropriate improvement plans, participating in Portfolio Team meetings. Providing support to the Regulation, Policy and Portfolio Manager and undertake other duties as required.
- Experience of residential property management, residential transactions and conveyance process.
- Experience of working with suppliers and contractors.
- Customer and stakeholder service.
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy and basic skills with Excel spreadsheets and property databases.
- Team working –ability to work and thrive as the member of a team.
- High level of personal confidence.
- High level of analysis, attention to detail and judgment.
- Motivation of self and others and commitment to personal self-development.
- Leasehold, affordable home ownership and service charge management and Landlord and Tenant law.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.