Why work for us
At heylo, we’re
We're an interconnected workforce, all with varied backgrounds – which means you’ll get to know everyone including the leadership team and have knowledge from all sectors making our business great.
Health & Fitness
All employees receive the opportunity to opt into life assurance and critical illness cover. You can choose to take advantage of a subsidised gym membership, located 100 yards from the office it’s perfect for a lunchtime workout. heylo also offers the Government’s cycle to work scheme.
As a small business, our job specifications are often wider than those of a corporate company meaning you will get a good understanding of how all area of the company operate.
A fully stocked fridge is only ever a few steps away, there are also office socials, work lunches, Christmas parties and after work drinks.
Your day-to-day life will often be quite varied, with a range of tasks and responsibilities.
You'll be entitled to 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
It is an exciting time to join heylo. With a flurry of new projects being implemented you can help shape our expansion.
Reservist or thinking about joining?
heylo offers Reservists 10 days paid leave in addition to the 5 days unpaid or use of personal holiday.
You’ll never have to worry about lunch again, for all those in the office just remember to choose your lunch by noon the day before.
Explore our current positions
We are looking for a highly organised Senior Data Engineer, with a focus on CRM and creating both internal and external tools and processes to manage and leverage customer data.
The ideal candidate should also have a background in Data, Workflow Management or Cloud Management, and also project delivery and change governance processes.
This role will be based in Leeds, and in the first instance will be work from home before transitioning to being office based.
Job Title: Campaign and CRM Manager
Responsible to: Head of Marketing
As the heylo Campaign Manager, you will be a critical member of the marketing team responsible for managing paid marketing account activities.
- Create, execute, and manage the procedure, implementation, tracking and measurement of paid search and digital marketing campaigns
- Prepare and present external communication to partner stakeholders
- Tackle day-to-day account management including campaign optimization, audience creation, budget management, and testing ideation and execution
- Collaborate across teams to contribute to ever-growing understanding of paid media best practices.
- Develop, analyse, report and manage the reporting of marketing campaigns and expenditure across all appropriate channels including Google, Facebook, email, sponsorships, PPC, etc
- Develop dashboards and monthly reporting metrics to communicate across heylo (with the Marketing team, Head of Marketing, CEO, COO, and Head of Sale including partner organisations like Outra) allowing an assessment of the campaigns encompassing regular measurement of the ROI of campaigns
- Responsible for day-to-day account management including campaign optimisation, audience creation, budget management, and testing of new ideas as well as
- Ensure accuracy of marketing materials and provide formal sign off
- Collect and use data to inform new campaigns and the evaluation of existing campaigns
- Developing customer segments and automations across all platforms
- Define both new and existing customer lifecycle and touch points
- Write, edit and proofread copy for marketing campaigns
- Pilot new channels to increase growth and brand awareness
Job Title: Data Quality Assistant
Department: Data Operations
heylo are looking for a Data Quality Assistant with competent data analysis skills and a strong attention to detail to assist with improving and maintaining their data bases, and to carry out regular audit and reporting work to support the business needs. This role will be based in Leeds, and in the first instance will be work from home before transitioning to being office based.
- Maintaining and updating business and customer related systems in line with internal protocols.
- Carrying out regular audits and reviews of different reports to check quality assurance.
- Regular reporting to enhance visibility of data within the business.
- Have an intimate knowledge of the different data sets to assist with any related business projects.
- Assisting with any internal systems training within the business.
- High attention to detail.
- Confident with large volumes of data and using pattern recognition to identify potential issues.
- Organised and efficient with administrative tasks.
- Independent thinking with a high level of common sense.
- Previous experience working with data bases / CRM systems.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work with different teams and external parties to source certain documents.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel.
Job Title: Sales Progressor Assistant
Department: Sales and Progression Teams
We are looking for a highly organised individual, to provide support to the Sales Progressor Managers, customer communications, document management, and general administrative duties to ensure an excellent sales service is provided to all our customers
- Provide administrative assistance to the Sales Progressor Managers
- Check all sales documents for accuracy and approve
- Able to assess customers affordability for a plot sale
- Instruct our solicitors and third parties on current plot sales
- Liaise with the sales team on progression of reservations
- Generate and analyse sales data reports
- Able to manage incoming and outgoing calls effectively, ensuring calls are not unanswered
- Liaise with financial advisors and purchasers
- Updating internal and external databases and keep regular & accurate notes
- Able to maintain the customer journey through automated and manual routes
- Communicate directly with key partners and stake holders: housebuilders
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well organised with a customer-orientated approach
- Excellent knowledge of MS office and database management
- Exquisite communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good understanding of marketing principals and office management
Job Title: Risk Analyst
Department: Compliance Team
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to join the Risk and Compliance team to support the analysis of incoming prospective investment opportunities, coordinate the Investment Committee process and manage our internal credit criteria database. The investment analysis includes the extraction and interpretation of multiple sources of real estate and demographic data, identifying risks associated with the opportunity and providing recommendations to heylo’s weekly Investment Committee on the viability and strength/weakness of the prospective portfolio, utilising appropriate management information.
- Supporting the work of the Chief Risk Officer in assessing all prospective investment portfolios, with a view to taking ownership of individual risk assessments of incoming opportunities
- Undertaking extensive research into the content of the portfolio, interpreting and extracting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources and summarising the findings in a Risk Analysis Report, which includes a breakdown of the identified risk associated with the assets and recommendations for how this is removed or mitigated
- Analyse existing tenanted portfolio to identify areas of risk
- Work towards presenting the Risk Analysis Report findings at Investment Committee
- Take responsibility for coordinating the weekly Investment Committee process by requesting and reviewing all necessary legal and contractual documents from the originating Partnership Directors and circulating the documentation pack to all Investment Committee attendees
- Responsible for summarising the discussion and associated outcome of each Investment Committee meeting
- Provide general support for the Risk and Compliance team in a variety of company-wide projects
- Identifying process and analytical improvements to current processes, and contributing to wider heylo projects where the Risk team is involved
- Interrogate the credit criteria database to get alerts of applications that fail the criteria and review credit and affordability information against credit policy in order to form a full decision on pass or fail.
- Communicate the outcome and reasons to the customer facing relationship team and review any appeal that is returned for a final underwriting decision.
- Interrogate the property database to check on required final valuation, sending any such requirement to external valuation agents
- Contribute to the enhancement of the management information reports provided to Investment Committee
- Ensure that credit policy metrics are clearly mapped to information and reports concerning the firm’s credit risk profile
Capabilities and experience
- Experience in real estate/investment risk roles desirable
- Knowledge of shared ownership as a tenure and the issues surrounding the supply of national affordable housing desirable
- Excellent attention to detail specifically relating to the management of large data sets and their integrity
- Skilled at data cleansing with a focus on values, formatting and structure of data
- Strong analytical skills relating to both qualitative and quantitative data with the ability to extract key information and concisely summarise findings
- Independent worker willing to take ownership of given tasks and use initiative where necessary
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially Microsoft Excel
- An understanding of credit risk and credit policy, including affordability and bureau information
- Investigative and analytical nature
- Demonstrated collaboration skills through effective oral and written communication and an approach that supports and values the contributions of others
Job Title: Web Developer
Department: Data & Engineering
- Maintain and implement new features and pages for websites
- Work with internal teams to create or modify data-driven frontends
- Manage internal design system and storybook components
Capabilities and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, related fields or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years experience in a relevant role.
- Experience working in fast-moving scaleup environments a plus.
- Experience with modern VDOM approaches to web state is a plus (React, Vue, Svelte, etc.)
- Experience using Node.js on the server for lightweight APIs is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively and efficiently.
Responsibility for maintaining Statutory records for all of the entities including the consolidation of holding companies, a growing number of investment vehicles, the property management company, and the regulated registered provider company.
Preparation and filing of statutory accounts.
Budget preparation and all related monthly management reporting.
Preparation of technical accounting papers as well as provide advice to business on technical accounting matters.
Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of tax filing – corporate, VAT, PAYE, SDLT etc.
Liaise with auditors and preparing audit
Implementation of a new accounting software system
Assist in the preparation of information for investors and banks
Assist in the preparation of information for all Board meetings
Work closely with other finance functions, risk and compliance, and operations team to ensure delivery of organisational objectives
Assist with all regulatory filings with the Regulator of Social Housing and Homes England
Assisting in the valuation of the portfolios of investments
Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders
Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
Capabilities and experience
- Qualified with ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent (Big 4 or top tier practice firm)
- Experience of working in a group reporting function (audit or industry)
- Good understanding of tax – income, VAT, PAYE, SDLT etc.
- Property experience whilst not essential would be highly relevant
- Experience in implementing the financial processes, systems and controls real estate or infrastructure investment business for small and large organisations
- Strong people management skills
- Demonstrated strong self-motivation, project management capabilities and a proven ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated the ability to work in a team environment, strong consensus building, verbal and written communication skills, and strategic planning capabilities
Well connected with less than 5 minutes walk from Imperial Wharf over ground station, with easy access to Clapham Junction, London Waterloo, Earls Court and Willesden Junction, West Brompton and Shepherd Bush.
We also have a secure underground car park on site, with season tickets available.