What is staircasing?
Can I buy shares when I want?
Want to buy more? What’s next?
Instructing our solicitor
Understanding the costs
- Your solicitor’s fees
- RICS valuation
- Heylo staircasing admin fee - £150 + VAT (correct as of April 2021)
- Mortgage fees (if applicable)
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
Instructing your solicitor
Costs of staircasing
Summary of staircasing costs:
- Survey – you will need to pay to organise a RICS valuation
- Solicitors’ fees – your solicitor will need to handle the paperwork to legally recognise your purchase. You must cover all the costs for your solicitor, while heylo will pay for our own
- heylo staircasing admin fee - £150 + VAT (correct as of April 2021)
- Mortgage fees – if you finance your share purchase with mortgage borrowing, you will need to pay mortgage fees to update your mortgage. Moreover, your monthly mortgage costs will rise, so it’s sensible to review your finances thoroughly before financing
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) – whether you pay SDLT will depend on the value of the shares you are purchasing. Your solicitor will be able to advise you if SDLT will apply
*The data protection laws protect your rights when organisations hold or process personal information about you. heylo housing group collects personal information about you that you submit via this website. heylo housing group will hold and process personal information that you have provided or will provide in the future to perform the functions of heylo housing group. heylo housing group relies on the ability to collect and process your personal information that you submit via the website in order that heylo housing group can support you in your property search. heylo housing group are required to keep this information secure and to process it in accordance with the data protection laws. heylo housing group may share your information with third parties in relation to the administration of your application and contractual arrangements, including professional advisers, property vendors and other agencies supporting heylo housing group for the purposes of assisting you in your property search and other service providers. However, it will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes unless you consent to this and you may withdraw your consent at any time.