- Make good a reasonable and fair loss incurred by a customer.
- To empower staff to respond to small claims losses efficiently to minimise bureaucracy and any adverse impact on customer satisfaction.
- Enable our staff to recognise and respond to cases where we have inconvenienced customers and want to make a compensatory gesture in addition to any apology.
- Loss of use of facilities to communal areas due to poor quality repairs or services which are the responsibility of us as Landlord.
- Damage caused to personal possessions by the Landlord or agents or their contractors.
- Failure of services subject to our lease administration charges such as mistakes in rent collection actions.
- The Landlord, agent or contractor acted reasonably and complied with its statutory and contractual liabilities.
- When the loss or damage has been caused by the customer or a member of their family or visitor.
- When contractors cannot gain access or after making reasonable efforts to gain access to a customer’s home or communal area to carry out a repair.
- When unforeseen work is required, and the customer has been kept informed. (e.g. disruption rather than damage caused)
- When the loss/damage is caused by another customer or neighbouring occupier (e.g., a leaking washing machine. Loss or damage suffered in instances like this should be sought through customers contents insurance)
- When the customer has not reported the loss or damage within a reasonable timescale and has not retained damaged items claimed for inspection.
- The loss or damage occurred because of an alteration to the property or its facilities which were carried out by the customer, without the permission of the Landlord or completed to the required standard.
- The loss or damage has occurred from the act or negligence of a contractor or other third party not acting on behalf of the Landlord.
5. Potential Insurance claims
5.1 In all cases Heylo will discuss with customers whether an insurance claim is appropriate.